Monday, February 23, 2009

The healing power of animals


Ahnung, my north star continues to shine brightly.

What is it about animals that is so healing for all of us?
What is it about animals that nudges at our once closed heart, and touches a part of our soul once untouched?
What is it about animals that calms us?


Through the loving, forgiving, resilient, playful spirits of animals ...

I have witnessed transformation in myself
I have witnessed transformation in others
I have witnessed transformation in other animals ...

so what is it? what is it about animals that brings out hope, love and kindness? what is it about animals that dare us to risk and trust all over again? what is it about animals that reflects back to us what our true selves are capable of ... compassion, gentleness, understanding, resilience and forgiveness?

I ask Ahnung ever day ... what is it?

Today, I wish to simply be more like my dog Ahnung.

No comments:

Post a Comment