Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Edge

I don't know how many times in the past couple years have I felt like I have come to the edge of a cliff ... when I felt like I had reached the end of my rope, and in many cases where I have felt like I was at a complete loss as to what to do ...

Yet time and time again ... I have come to believe that there is truth in this beautiful quote by an unknown author:

"When you come to the edge of all that you know, you must believe in one of two things:
there will be earth upon which to stand, or you will be given wings."


And when I come to the edge now, as I have just recently ... I simply stand, and I pray the earth below my feet will keep me grounded and afloat. And then ... when I am ready, I believe the wings will come and when they do it is truly a glorious feeling. But to feel the glory and the joy I know I must be willing to embrace the pain. Both are a part of being alive.







No comments:

Post a Comment