Monday, August 2, 2010

Magic and mystery of dolphins

We returned yesterday from Bimini, Bahamas .... a week of magic and bliss with WildQuest -swimming, interacting and connecting with dolphins and our human pod. I don't even know how to begin to write about this week ... I continue to feel the energy and the vibrations of the dolphins. Our week was apparently a unique and magical week. The week prior there were no interactions or sightings of dolphins ... other weeks I've heard there were interactions on one day or even the last hour of the week long trip. The beauty of this experience is that it is up to the dolphins to decide if they want to interact with us .... there are pods of bottlenose and spotted dolphins in Bimini, Bahamas. We are there to observe the to interact and connect with the dolphins. We are not to touch the dolphins. We are told that they will 'touch' us with their sonar energy and vibrations if they choose to ... we are guests in their world ....

Every day we went out into the waters ... from 11:30 am till around 7 pm. On the very first day, within the first 45 minutes, we came across a pod of approximately 40 bottlenose dolphins feeding and before the WildQuest staff was even able to give a snorkel lesson or refresher to those that needed it, we were in the water interacting, observing and connecting with dolphins ... above us, around us and below us. Wow ....  every day we went out we saw dolphins and swam with dolphins. On Wednesday of last week I experienced something rare and magical ....

Four dolphins came swimming towards me. I could feel their vibrations and I could feel their energy, their sonar ... our eyes connected as they swam by me. Then one dolphin turned around and came back towards me. It was as if time came to a stand still. The dolphin looked me in the eye and kept swimming towards me. I was floating on the surface of the ocean with my hands behind my back. He came closer and as he passed me his body touched my upper left arm and his fluke gently lifted up in front of my face ... touched, literally touched by a dolphin. Was it an accident I wondered?

The next day we came across a large pod of spotted dolphins who wanted to play with us. They chose to stay with us and swam all around us. I was on the outer perimeter of our human pod of snorkelers as I saw 6 spotted dolphins come swimming towards me. I watched, mesmerized,  by their beauty and their magic. Again, I remain still with my hands behind my back. As the dolphin on the end came closer to me our eyes locked and I could feel my body vibrating -- every cell in my body coming to life --- and as he swam by me, again, he touched the left side of my body. Touched .. again ... could it have been an accident again?

I asked the staff at WildQuest and others on our trip ... being touched by a dolphin is a rare thing. It's also not an accident. Dolphins often touch humans with their sonar energy but rarely make contact physically. If they do, it is intentional. What an honor, what a blessing, what a gift ... to not only be touched with their sonar energy but with their physical body.

There was something magical with our week ... seeing dolphins multiple times every day of the week was unusual ... I know for me, something was calling me to the dolphins. On Thursday, the spotted dolphins were communicating loudly to me the importance of playing and of being in the present moment. To be touched by a dolphin, not just once, but twice was apparently not an accident. It still feels like a dream to me. Interestingly ... they also touched me on my left side where my health challenges are ... with the new growth in my left breast and my pancreas which is located on the lower left side of my body.

One of my healers earlier this year told me ... I must learn to play to save my life. Last week .... I was blessed with the presence of so many dolphins and touched both physically and energetically in a way I am still feeling, absorbing and processing ....

I close my eyes and and I can see them ... I can feel them. They have touched me. And I believe they have blessed me with their healing energy.

I am beyond grateful for the experience of last week and for the incredible staff of WildQuest ...

I have put together a short video .... a magical week with wild, free dolphins ...

[Note: these awesome underwater photos were taken by Atmo of WildQuest]

No comments:

Post a Comment