Monday, August 11, 2008

Pure love


I took these photos last week at a photo shoot for Ode with Jessie of Stray Dog Arts. These photos reflect to me why I am so drawn to the art work of Jessie. Watching her interact with the dogs was like witnessing firsthand a connection so deep that words can't describe.

Jessie is donating her time and creative talent to paint a portrait of Ode for Pet Haven. Through art we hope to get Ode's story out, and how much we can learn from the loving, forgiving and open hearts of dogs - even those who are victims of horrific abuse.

I'm also happy to say, that in the process of taking photos of Ode for her portrait, she met Eve (little black pup who was being fostered along with Ode).

Pure love.

Jessie will be adopting Eve and will be joining Pet Haven in our efforts to help get the word out about Black Dog Syndrome, and to help us in increasing the number of black dog adoptions.

1 comment:

  1. My heart is aching for Eve. I can't wait until she gets here. And thank you for bringing me to meet Ode. Looking at these photos makes me want to go back to M's house, lay in the grass, and be covered by puppies and dogs. I was in heaven there.

    ReplyDelete