Thursday, January 21, 2010

Remembering Elaine

In April, 2009 we lost our dear friend Elaine to breast cancer. Elaine was one of the most gentle, loving, forgiving spirits I have ever known. She was also a very gifted artist and writer. Yesterday her partner posted on facebook one of Elaine's paintings along with one her writings. I have been feeling Elaine's presence more lately. We often hear people talk about losing the battle to cancer. I think of Elaine and I never think of her considering cancer the enemy or even a battle. She continued to embrace life and love life to the very end with absolutely no bitterness or anger towards a disease that took over her body. While at church a couple weeks ago I felt Elaine's presence so strongly. Last night she appeared in my dream again. She was wearing a beautiful white dress and had her radiating, glowing smile. Thank you Elaine for visiting me again in my dreams.

She blessed and touched all who were lucky enough to know her. We may not have her physical presence with us anymore, but I believe with all my heart that she is an angel hovering over us and around us and continuing to radiate love. You are loved and missed by so many and you will always remain a part of my heart. As I struggle with my own health issues right now, what comforts me is knowing that you are here with me, gently reminding me that in the end, no matter what happens, it will all be okay. I love you Elaine. Thank you for blessing me with the gift of your friendship. And thank you Susan for sharing this with us. You too are in my heart.


"I have this day to live and move and feel my being immersed
in love. We each have only this day and can bring our awareness to the love
that is visible in the smallest things, to the quiet presence that is
benevolently holding me and you."

-- Elaine Marie Johnson, 3/16/2009


We lost Elaine on Friday, April 17th, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment