Friday, January 1, 2010

Remember to Listen

As the New Year begins, I ask myself to set, and renew, my intentions for this beautiful life I have been blessed with. I ask myself to remember to listen to my gut and to follow my heart. I ask myself to be okay with stepping "into the emptiness of question and answer and question." I have previously posted this Rumi poem, but on the first day of 2010 I am moved to share it again. I don't know if it will speak to you ... if not, that's okay. If it does, my wish for you is that you whatever journey you embark on, that you feel your spirit soaring .... in 2010 my wish for all of us, is that we are able to slow down enough to listen, to truly listen to the Voice that is always speaking to us.



A Voice Through the Door
by Rumi

Sometimes you hear a voice through
the door calling you, as fish out of

water hear the waves, or a hunting
falcon hears the drum's come back.

This turning toward what you deeply
love saves you. Children fill their

shirts with rocks and carry them
around. We're not children anymore.

Read the book of your life which has
been given you. A voice comes to

your soul saying, Lift your foot;
cross over; move into the emptiness

of question and answer and question.


Door image borrowed from Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment