Sunday, September 7, 2008

To be alive...


Back in March, 2006 my journal entry began with "what makes you feel alive?" Little did i know that 6 months later I would feel my heart broken into a million pieces with the sudden loss of Shen, our collie-shepherd mix to cancer. And that a week later my life would be forever changed as I immerse myself in animal rescue work with Pet Haven and I would be feeding my soul with what truly makes me feel alive.

I have come to realize that being alive is allowing myself to feel the full spectrum of emotions - to be able to feel joy and sadness in the same moment, to embrace the dark sides of myself while at the same time holding on to hope and feeling love and light. To acknowledge what scares me the most, and choose to keep walking towards it.

Since March 2006, I have had more doors open up for me and I have witnessed doors open up for so many around me. Today, I am simply grateful - grateful to be alive, grateful to experience love, hope, fear, passion, sadness. I am grateful to be able to give back to a world that has given so much to me ....

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment