Sunday, March 6, 2011

Joy

This morning as I was looking out my window into my backyard, after some quiet time, meditation and reflecting, it dawned on me ... I am happy; i am truly happy. I have emerged on the other side and when my friends kept telling me that the pain wouldn't last forever I found it hard to imagine. I knew in my gut I had to simply move through the pain. I can't run from the pain. I can't sweep it under the rug anymore. Well, I guess I could but i'm choosing not to anymore; i'm choosing to live my life differently now. I never knew it was possible to feel so much joy and happiness in my heart and to feel so alive. I know now that this has become possible because I finally listened to my own voice.

Doors are opening up. My life is full of possibilities. Incredible new relationships are forming. Existing relationships are deepening. I am discovering and re-discovering myself and it's a wonderful feeling to feel so alive, so full of joy and so full of hope.


The Call
~ Oriah Mountain Dreamer

I have heard it all my life,
A voice calling a name I recognized as my own.

Sometimes it comes as a soft-bellied whisper.
Sometimes it holds an edge of urgency.

But always it says: Wake up my love. You are walking asleep.
There's no safety in that!!

Remember what you are, and let this knowing
take you home to the Beloved with every breath.

Hold tenderly who you are, and let a deeper knowing
color the shape of your humanness....


No comments:

Post a Comment