Monday, October 21, 2013

Welcome all who come ....

Ahnung in early 2009
My sweet Ahnung came into my life at a time I needed her. In the short 5 years I was blessed to have her be my guide and to walk along side of me she taught me so much. She continues to teach and guide me from the spirit world. My heart was ripped into a million pieces that Sunday afternoon ... August 25, 2013, when we set her spirit free. Yet she continued to guide me even in my darkest moments. She taught me how to embrace even the darkest moments and the deepest pain. She taught me how to make friends with Grief .... how to invite her into my home and to set up my guest room for her. She taught me how to Be with her in a new way ... how to listen with my heart, how to notice the signs all around me, how to be comfortable in the silence .... to know when to ground myself and when to bend and flow. She taught me to simply trust ... to trust our journey. She also taught me that there is a greater purpose for why I am here ... why she was here .. and why she led me to Ishkode (ish ko day) ... we all have a purpose, a much greater purpose for why we are here ....

She taught me how to welcome all who come ... even when, quite frankly, I wanted to slam the door shut on Grief who insisted on arriving at my door step with many suitcases. Thank you Ahnung for teaching me to make friends with all who come ...

This being human is a guest-house.

Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,

some momentary awareness comes

as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!

Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,

Who violently sweep your house

empty of its furniture.

Still, treat each guest honorably.

He may be clearing you out

for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,

meet them at the door laughing,

and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,

because each has been sent

as a guide from beyond.

~ Rumi

 
Ahnung - Final Celebration (August 25, 2013)

Ishkode (means 'fire' in ojibway) .. continuing Ahnung's work

No comments:

Post a Comment