Friday, January 28, 2011

What I've learned from my dogs ....

Today is exactly 2 weeks since I closed on my new home. It's hard to believe it's been only 2 weeks. We are settling into our new home and loving it. I think the dogs must feel like they are in heaven now with this awesome big back yard to run around in. I love our new home. It has been so healing for me to have a space of my own and to allow myself to simply create and let evolve what is meant to be ... yes, health issues still loom over my head but that's okay. I feel great. I step into the next stage of my life's journey with both feet and have embraced the joy and possibilities of what is to come along with the tears and the sadness of what has been and what has been lost. I am learning though that nothing, nothing is ever really lost. Everything evolves. Everything changes. And if we remain open to it, we too can transform.

I'm sure there are many of you that can relate to the healing power of animals. My dogs Ahnung, Missy and Mister have been my best medicine through all that has happened. Finally having a home where we could all be together again has brought me so much joy. I believe and hope that it has brought them just as much joy.

I thought i'd share with you just a few things I have learned from my amazing furkids this past week as we have stepped into our new beginning ...

What I have learned from my Dogs
~ Marilou Chanrasmi

Break the Rules ....


Live in the Moment


Lean on my friends ... we don't have to go through the tough times alone.


Slow down. Take time to meditate and reflect.




Live as if there is no tomorrow. Give everything you have into what you love
and what makes you happy.


Love has no boundaries.


Take time to play. Be a kid again. Don't take life too seriously.



Open up my heart to the unconditional love ... be willing to both
give and receive.



And take time for rest ... LOTS of it!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment