Thursday, September 10, 2009

Squirrel Rush


I must confess I've been a little hesitant to run with Mister since my mishap at the end of July where I tripped over Mister, cheek first into the concrete, as he darted in front of me to catch a squirrel. Check out the photos from that eventful day. A month and a half later I still carry the scars on my cheek and my shoulders from the sudden impact into unforgiving concrete.

This morning though I could tell my boy was needing some exercise. He starts acting a little crazy if he doesn't get his play time or exercise. I wanted to go for a long run (at least an hour) but Mister starts to fade after 30 minutes. We compromised - 45 minutes. He was actually very good and ran like a perfect angel right next to me. I watched him like a hawk though and as soon as I saw his ears twitch and perk up i knew --- squirrel sighting! I was quick to get his attention and have him focus on me, not the much more appealing and attractive squirrel. On our final stretch down Jefferson Avenue, Mister's tongue hanging off to the side, I was grateful for the squirrel sightings as that perked him up and gave him the needed squirrel rush to make the final dash to home.

By the time we got home, he did his usual ... like a guard on duty, he stood still as could be while Missy and Ahnung sniffed him up and down and all around. When that ritual came to and end, Mister plopped down on the patio.

A tired dog is a happy dog. A happy dog makes a happy Human.

All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment