Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Morning Beckons

There is so much on my mind and in my heart as 2008 comes to a close ... I find myself awake in the middle of the night with our 3 beautiful big black dogs (Missy, Mister and Ahnung) sleeping soundly by my feet. I ran across a journal entry from 2005 I feel compelled to share ....



Morning beckons.
I awaken from a night of journey -
surreal movies with evolving actors, changing landscapes
of voices raging, voices whispering, voices singing.

Slobbery kisses and furry paws beckon.
I step through my morning ritual
6 am greets me with cold noses, wet tongues, and body stretches
familiar music of pitter patters across hardwood floors.

Stillness beckons.
My sacred space.
I light candles and sandalwood incense
my 30 minutes to enter back into the realm of mystery
of simplicity, of quiet, interspersed with tennis balls of thoughts,
ejecting from the hopper at high velocity.

I pause.
Catch them, hold them, notice the fuzz,
then gently lay them down.

Pencil beckons.
My lego land.
I turn to a blank page and with a deep breath, step into the page
I discover new pieces, explore new colors, and create new shapes
the possibilities, the forms, the unknown....
emerge with voice, with playfulness, with passion.

“Shoulds” beckon.
I should be successful, I should earn six figures.
Tennis balls fire at me like cannon balls.
My lego land displays a “closed for business” sign
while in the far away distance, the clock-like pitter patters remind me of home.

Night beckons.
I lay my head on my pillow,
as the crescent moon lights the night sky, keeping vigil over me.
I close my eyes.
The stars light up the dark skies
and guide me back to a place of mystery,
of stillness, of lego lands.

I am lego land “open for business” 24 hours a day,
365 days a year!

- Marilou Chanrasmi, 2005


No comments:

Post a Comment