Friday, April 1, 2011

TV debut for my therapy dog Ahnung!

Many of you know how blessed I feel to have Ahnung in my life .. my beautiful dog who is now a therapy dog and came to me via Karen Good of Red Lake Rosie's Rescue ... her story is shared on Ahnung's first blog posting.

Ahnung (pronounced ah-NUNG and means 'star' in ojibway) is truly a gift to me. She came with a multiplicity of diseases and injuries ... like so many other dogs rescued from abusive situations she demonstrated just how resilient animals are, and how loving they are despite all they have been through.

We were honored to be asked by Karen Good (who is one of the Eleven Who Care volunteer winners here in Minneapolis) to join her at the Kare11 station and for Ahnung to be an ambassador for the Red Lake rez dogs. What an honor.

Karen continues to be such a huge inspiration to me for her tireless efforts, her unconditional love and compassion, and her devotion to these battered innocent creatures up at the reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment