Friday, November 2, 2007

In memory of Shadow, July 2, 2007



Whispers from Rainbow Bridge

It is time now.

In your arms,
I close my eyes to rest.

I feel the pain of your longing --
to see me chase squirrels
to touch my soft, velvet coat
to feed me organic carrot sticks

Do not cry - I am still with you.

Close your eyes.
Listen to the silence, and feel my spirit.

I am here with you,
in the wind brushing against your skin,
in the cries of my four-legged friends, abandoned and abused
in the savory taste of a vanilla soy steamer, shared in community

Death is not something to fear.
It is a time of celebration,
a time of transformation,
a time to simply learn a new language.

I will wrap my paws around you,
lick your tears away,
and together we can learn this new language,
and forever, remain connected.



- Marilou (July, 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment