Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Unconditional Love ... universal child ...

In July of this year I spent a week in Bimini swimming with wild free dolphins. On that trip not only was I touched by the wild dolphins on so many levels ... it also marked was going to be a major shift and transformation in my life, none of which I could have anticipated. On that trip I met the most incredible person who has since become one of my dearest and most treasured friends ... a soul connection if you will. She has been by my side through some very rough waters, always believing in me, loving me unconditionally and touching that little girl in me that has for so long ached for a motherly kind of love. Despite the thousands of miles that physically separates us I always feel her presence and her love wrapped around me. She knows I am packing now and texted me to ask me to play Annie Lennox's song "Universal Child" from her latest Christmas CD. She said she thought of me when she first heard the song. I just purchased it on iTunes and have been listening to it over and over and over ... the lyrics reach deep inside of me to the wounded little girl who is struggling to heal and to find her voice so she can fully experience love and life. My dear friend Michele ... thank you for loving me so unconditionally and for believing in me and for supporting me and holding me up. As I listen to the lyrics of Annie Lennox's song i can feel you in my heart ... i can feel your love.





Universal Child

How many mountains must you face before you learn to climb.
I'm gonna give you what it takes, my universal child.

I'm gonna try to find a way to keep you safe from harm.
I'm gonna be a special place, a shelter from the storm.
And I can see you, your everywhere, your portrait fills the sky.
I'm gonna wrap my arms around you, my universal child.
And when I look into your eyes, so innocent and pure.
I see the shadow of the things that you've had to endure.
I see the tracks of every tear that ran ran down your face.
I see the hurt, I see the pain, I see the human race.
I can feel you, your everywhere, shining like the sun.
And I wished to god that kids like you could be like everyone.

How many tumbles must it take before you learn to fly.
I'm going to help you spread your wings, my universal child.

I can feel you everywhere shining like the sun.
And I wished to god that kids like you could be like everyone.
And I wished to god that kids like you could be like everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment