Sunday, October 15, 2017

Mister reunites with his rescuer Donna

Mister reunites with Donna
In spring of 2007 Mister was one of 3 puppies found in a ditch in Spencer, Iowa. He was rescued by Donna Erickson of People For Pets in Spencer, IA. In July, 2007 Mister found his way into my home as a 'foster' .... well, as many know, that didn't work so well. I fell in love with the goofy boy and adopted him :). I've been connected with Donna on Facebook since then and she has followed Mister's adventures, antics, goofiness and life for the past decade. When Mister's diagnosis of bone cancer was confirmed last week and that it has metastasized i just knew Mister needed to take a final road trip to visit with his original rescuer Donna, and to see the shelter that gave him a second chance and the reason why he has blessed me this past decade. I am sooo grateful to Donna and People for Pets for giving this sweet gentle boy a second chance.

Donna also graciously made arrangement with Arrowwood Resort and Conference Center in Okoboji, Iowa for a complimentary room with a wonderful view for Mister.  Many thanks to Donna and to Arrowwood Resort for this gift ... Mister's final ride and adventure back home to Iowa!!!
My heart melted as i witnessed Mister and Donna reunite after 10 years.  It was Love. Pure Love.

Mister slept well last night in our hotel. He snarfed his breakfast down and we went for a short early morning walk. The stars were shining brightly. I am so grateful to have this chance to take this road trip with Mister. My partner's parents also live here so she is able to also spend time with them. Probably not another coincidence that the place where Mister was originally from, is the place where my partner's parents have chosen to retire.

As I write this blog post this morning, my sweet boy is taking a post breakfast nap :).



No comments:

Post a Comment