Tuesday, January 1, 2013

If I could save time in a bottle ....

Ahnung - July, 2011; dx of mammary cancer
For some reason Jim Croce's song, "If I could save time in a bottle" has been playing over and over in my head ... so this morning I decided to take the time to create a video for my sweet Ahnung. I am blessed to be able to welcome the New Year with my precious girl.

My mind continues to fast forward and my heart begins to ache when I imagine the day when I will no longer have my star physically by my side. I have to constantly remind myself to stay in the moment, to stay here and now, and to simply Be with Ahnung.

Sweet girl, you have been through so much in your short 7 years, yet in that time you have touched the hearts and souls of so many. You are not alone on this Final Walk.

I love you with all my heart .. if only I could save time in a bottle ... if only, sweet girl. For now you continue to sprinkle your magic, your wisdom, your mystery, your magnificence, your serenity, your spirit in my heart and the hearts of so many ..... and you continue to spread your essence and your being in all the places we share ...





Ahnung (which means 'star' in ojibway) was rescued by Karen Good of Red Lake Reservation in October, 2008 with her litter of 8 puppies. She survived a couple gun shot wounds, heartworm disease, lymes and has no front teeth, grinding her teeth down in search of food. She became a therapy dog in December, 2009 and volunteered working with at-risk youth. She currently volunteers in hospice. In July, 2011 she was diagnosed with mammary cancer and had a lumpectomy. In April, 2012 she was diagnosed with adenosquamous carcinoma (a rare, aggressive and invasive cancer). She had surgery to remove the tumor in the her neck/back. At the end of November, 2012 we learned her cancer had metastasized to her lungs. She went through chemo for a month. After one month, we learned the tumor had grown 30% despite the chemo. At the end of December, 2012 we decided to stop chemo and enjoy our Final Walk together.

We Celebrate her Life and on January 1, 2013 when I create this video I am grateful to have Ahnung by my side and will cherish every moment we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment