A few weeks ago, Ahnung appeared in my dream. This was only the second time she has appeared in my dreams since she left the physical world on August 25, 2013. I shared the following on my Facebook page on Feb. 20th:
The vision remains so clear and vivid. I have been unable to erase the image from my mind and from my heart. And over the past few weeks, the words "The Ahnung Way" keeps appearing. Since my speaking engagement in St. Louis I have been asked to present at two different events.
I hear Ahnung telling me I have more work to do, and that my work goes far beyond animals ... I hear Ahnung telling me to listen and to open up my eyes, my senses, my heart to the expanse of something so much greater; not to limit my world and energy to the world of animal welfare, and to not even limit it to this physical world. There are many bridges that connect all of us in this world, and there is a bridge that also connects us to those who have crossed over into the spirit world.
I live my life guided by a We Believe statement that I wrote at the end of 2008 shortly after Ahnung came into my life. The We Believe credo, was slightly modified and became the Leech Lake Legacy We Believe Credo. The We Believe credo is what guides the work of Leech Lake Legacy ... it is what guides my life, and it is what I believe is The Ahnung Way.
- We believe we all belong -- that our lives have purpose and meaning -- and that our footprints will be forever etched in the hearts of some living being, some cause, some dream.
- We believe a spirit of fire and a flame of passion reside within each and every one of us.
- We believe our journey is a never-ending question, embracing twists, turns and hills with child-like curiosity and playful adventure.
- We believe in the power of creativity and stories to open hearts, touch souls and inspire committed action.
- We believe in community. That connection begins with conversation, respect, active listening and an open, non-judgmental heart.
- We believe every voice matters.
- We believe in the healing and transformative energy of animals to build a bridge for a kinder, gentler and more compassionate world.
- We believe reservation animals challenge us, teach us and guide us to our deepest sense of Home.
Ahnung is asking me to walk a new path .... The Ahnung Way. Yesterday, I reserved the domain www.TheAhnungWay.com. I don't know exactly where this path will lead me, but I know that the vision she brought to me a few weeks ago is something I cannot ignore ...
" .... a circle with with people of all colors, races, ages .. of animals, of trees, of rocks .. and at the center was a fire and flame that reached up into the skies; and with us were stars, a squirrel, an eagle and a turtle. And I could hear drums. It was as if I could hear the heart of the earth beating. I could hear Ahnung's heart. I could hear my heart, everyone's heart. We were one heart .. and then I woke up ..."
I will share more as this journey evolves and Ahnung continues to guide me from the spirit world.
|With my Papa|